► Who is the Cross Country Coach?
► General Cross Country Information
The Cross Country season starts the first day of school and runs until middle of February (end of basketball season). Athletes not playing football or volleyball will participate in off-season training to prepare for Cross Country and/or Track-n-Field. You MUST sign-up for Cross Country in order to receive important Cross Country emails throughout the year. Click here to sign-up.
The season consists of 1-3 HISD District meets. Usually all eight HISD Middle Schools compete at the same time, often the meet is hosted by CMS. The Cross Country schedule is finalized in the fall and the meets held December-March.
Open Middle School runs during the Fall. These are not mandatory, but are free and highly encouraged. All athletes may participate in Cross Country Preseason Meets even if they are currently playing Football, Volleyball, Basketball, etc.
The Cross Country season ends before the Track & Field season begins.
► What is REQUIRED for all Cross Country runners?
- Register their athelte on the CABC website (www.creekwoodathletics.com). Registration instructions available on the [FAQs] tab on the left side of home page.
- Purchase CMS Athletic Uniform for their athlete (Available for sale in August at Colt Round Up - $20 for T-shirt and Shorts)
- Provide socks and tennis shoes (mandatory, no restrictions on styles or colors)
- Be a 7th/8th grader enrolled in Athletics.
- Have a good attitude.
- Work hard.
- Be academically eligible.
► Do all athletes automatically make the Cross Country team?
Yes. There are no tryouts in Cross Country. All athletes who want to participate are invited.
► What is the practice schedule for Cross Country?
- 7th graders: Those not playing football/volleyball/basketball must be dressed and ready to practice by first period in tennis shoes, and CMS athletic uniform.
- 8th graders: Those not playing football/volleyball/basketball must be dressed and ready to practice for 7th period in tennis shoes and CMS athletic uniform.
► Cross Country Uniforms:
Practices: Runners wear their CMS athletic uniform.
Meets: Runners wear their CMS athletic uniform or a Cross Country Team Tshirt (which are optional Tshirts only Cross Country participants can purchase. See details below).
► Will we have Cross Country Team T-shirts?
T-shirt information will be emailed to Cross Country families sometime in the fall, posted on the CABC website, and orders processed on the CABC website.
Note that XC Team T-shirts are separate from the general CABC Creekwood merchandise sale held in May each year.
► What is the meet schedule?
As soon we receive the meet schedule from HISD Athletic Department we will post it on this CABC Website on the Team Cross Country pages.
► What about meet day food and drinks? Will they be provided?
Many runners do not want to eat or drink much before they run. However, families have a few options regarding providing food/drink for their athlete before a meet.
- Athletes may bring food/drink to school in the morning.
- Parents may deliver food/drink to the CMS Front Office no later than 3pm.
► What if I have more questions?
Cross Country logistics questions: Contact the XC Team Manager.
Non-logistics questions: Contact the Coach Johnston directly.
Coach and Manager email links are located on the XC team page